9/11

Searsport Fire Department

The mission of the Searsport Fire Department is to prevent loss of life and property for those that live, work and visit in Searsport Maine.  Our goal is to protect against the devastation of fire, explosions and life safety hazards with integrity and fairness through fire prevention, public education, planning, research, investigation and enforcement of enacted laws and rules.

 

HISTORY OF THE SEARSPORT FIRE DEPARTMENT
The Searsport Fire Department began as the Penobscot Engine Company Number 1, organized by the town in 1854.  It was later reorganized as the Barney Hose Company in 1933. The department is now part of the town's Public Safety Building, which opened in 1998. 
 
KEY MILESTONES
Significant events in the department's history include:
  • The establishment of the Penobscot Engine Company Number 1 in 1854.
  • The construction of the first fire station on Reservoir Street in 1877.
  • The reorganization as the Barney Hose Company in 1933.
  • The opening of a second station in North Searsport in 1956.
  • The relocation of the department to the new Public Safety Building in 1998, which also houses the police and ambulance services and is dedicated to Daniel C. Rich.

MAINE BURN PERMITS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE. Click here